5/15/12

I am so out of touch with the news... I just read that MCA passed away. He was only 47. Not only was I privileged to see him live years ago with my Girl Heather @ Virgin Festival and What a show the beasties put on! But on a particular night, his wife and him were in front of me at the Chelsea theatre. His spirit was humbling and peaceful. I have come to peace with the fact that we all go at some point; but its what we live behind that profoundly marks our presence. The fact that the beasties and himself stood up about the treatment of women in hip hop in front of the world brought me to tears; a factor in hip hop that continues to really disturb me, thank you beasties from a woman who hearts hip hop. To a fellow devout Buddhist and Artist... Just a continuous reminder that life should be treated with the utmost love.

No comments: